Join us on a once in a lifetime experience! We have Hot Air Balloon Safaris launching from the centre of Pilanesberg National Park.
Guests are collected early morning by a registered field guide, in an open safari vehicle from their respective hotels at Sun City Resort or lodges in Pilanesberg area. Day visitors can be collected from Bakubung Gate. The transfer through the park takes approximately an hour as the balloon launch site is situated in the center of the Pilanesberg National Park. At the launch site the guests will be met by the pilot and crew, who will proceed to give a briefing. Guests will then embark in a 1,2 metre high basket and commence on an unforgettable experience that lasts approximately 45 minutes to an hour. This will undoubtedly be the finest way of viewing the inhabitants of the Pilanesberg National Park. On landing, guests will be served with sparkling wine and orange juice in celebration of the flight. The field guide will then convey the guests through the Pilanesberg National Park to a private lodge, where a full English breakfast will be enjoyed. Each guest will receive a first flight certificate signed by the pilot. On completion of breakfast, guests will be returned to their respective hotels. The total duration of this activity is approximately ±5 hours.
Good to know
- This activity is extremely weather dependent and a minimum of 4 people are required to fly
- Exact departure time will only be confirmed by the Gametrackers Tour Coordinator directly with guests, the evening before the flight between 17h30 and 18h00
- For safety reasons, persons less than 1.2m tall are not permitted to fly
- Guests are to be reasonably fit, as they are required to climb into a 1.2-metre high balloon basket and be able to crouch down on their haunches on landing
- 1 hour flight in a Hot Air Balloon in the Pilanesberg National Park
- Sparkling wine and orange juice on landing
- Full English Breakfast at a Private Lodge within the Pilanesberg National Park
- Gratuities (optional)
- Warm outdoor clothing, neutral colors & comfortable walking shoes
- The early morning transfer into the park is cold year round, therefore please bring jacket/jersey. In winter (May-Aug) beanies/scarf & gloves also recommended
Must do if you are in Sun City! Best value for money. 3 hours, great tour and we saw a lot of wild animals. Great service (drink and chips), good truck great host Evert! I give it more then 5 stars! Very professional! Thank you so much for this fantastic memories.
This was my first trip to Africa and on my adventure list of things to do. Had the best time ever! I would do this all over again! Everyone must do a game drive, (or 5), with Nikki. Best tour guide ever. She went above and beyond to get us to the best locations to see the beautiful wildlife. Please go see Khumo with Mankwe Game Trackers thru Sun City, she will hook you up. And if you decide to do a Bush Walk, you must ask for Darren. He was very knowledgeable and led us on the path for the lions and white rhinos, all while keeping our safety number 1. I also recommend doing the hot air balloon ride over the Pilanesburg national park. It was breathtaking! My husband and I ended up doing about 5 game drives, 1 bush walk, and 1 hot air balloon ride thru the Pilanesburg national park, all within 8 days. Every time we went out, there were always something new to see and experience, including rhinos, elephants, giraffes, and even the lions that came up close to our vehicle. You will not be disappointed!
Excellent. Ask for Guide Nicki. Private drives were our favorite. Time for everything we wanted. Go to counter and ask for Khumo. She will help you out.
Hot air balloon ride over Pilanesberg game reserve was a once in a lifetime experience! They were extremely accommodating and replied very fast to any query! I wouldn't have wanted any other organizer to accompany this special event!
Early morning game drive with Darren. He was so informative. Loved every minute of it. I have been on both evening and morning drives with this company and recommend both.
Medium Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 48 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 48 hours days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.