Would you be excited to visit Lesotho and explore a diamond mine, see dinosaur footprints, bushman paintings, the rare Spiral Aloe and enjoy the Basotho Culture ? Then this tour is the best! The tour departs Underberg and travels up the Sani Pass into Lesotho, along the Roof of Africa, overnighting in Butha Butha, Katse Dam and then returns back to Underberg via the Sani Mountain Lodge and the Sani Pass.
- Day 1: Depart Underberg at 08h00. Travel up the Sani Pass, stop for tea at Sani Mountain Lodge, visit a Living Basotho Village for a taste of the homemade bread and beer (optional),View Thabana Ntletyana, travel through the Sehonghong Valley into Mokhotlong, then we continue past the Letseng Diamond Mine, stop at Oxbow Lodge, we head to Butha Butha where we overnight (dinner, bed & breakfast included). If there is enough time we visit the caves with Bushman Paintings, if not we visit the following day.
- Day 2: Visit the Dinosaur footprints and the craft market (if need be we will Visit the caves), we then head towards Katse Dam where we will overnight (dinner, bed & breakfast included) stopping at the Bokong Nature Reserve, if we can be in Katse by 14h00 you will be able to do a tour of the dam wall, if not you will still get to see the dam wall from outside. We overnight Katse Dam .
- Day 3: Depart Katse after an early breakfast and travel the awesome scenic routes through a remote part of Lesotho, getting to see how the folk live in the countryside. We then wind down the Sani Pass after having a drink at the Highest Pub in Africa, arriving in Underberg at around 17h00.
Good to know
- Please be aware this is a 2 nights, 3 days tour
- Minimum of 4 people
- Best to layer clothing as the weather changes with the altitude
- Guided transfer in a 4X4 vehicle
- 2 nights accommodation
- 3 lunches
- 2 dinners
- 2 breakfast
- Fuel, levies and tolls
- Entrance fees
- Gratuity (recommended)
- Warm clothing for night time (esp. for winter)
- Spending money (SA Rands are accepted)
- Layer on layer clothing (weather changes)
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
We thought about to make the tour ourselfs but decided to do the tour with Sani Pass Tour ls and it was the right decision...
We had a very competent guide and driver who was very experienced and helpful.
It was a lovely trip and learned a lot about the area and the people living there.
The worst day of my life
We booked this tour as a celebration of my birthday during our visit to South Africa.
I asked the company in advance about the visa requirements at the Lesotho border as I am a holder of UAE passport and they assured me that I don’t need a visa.
After 3 hours journey in a bumpy 4x4 trip we arrived at the Lesotho border.
We were denied entry into the country because we apparently needed a visa.
The driver left me and my family (wife and two children aged 11 and 9) in the middle of the road at the border for 2 hours.
This company wants only to make money without a regards to the basic human needs for the tourists.
Shame on you treating us like this just for the money!
The vibe was amazing and the drivers are awesome and the service was great. I would highly recommend them
Though I was uncertain due to poor weather, this was a great way to spend even a cold, cloudy, wet day. Very atmospheric drive into the clouds. And the weather on top of the pass was actually sunny.
Our guide, Sifiso, was a lot of fun. And I have to give a special thanks to him and the SPT team for helping me retrieve some last property from my previous accommodation!!
Brilliant tour. Guide couldn't have been more accommodating, stopping to let us take photos and pointing out points of interest and wildlife. Excellent stop in a Lesotho village and time at the sani top chalet, highest pub in Africa!
Strict Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 7 days before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 7 days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.